Wednesday, February 28, 2018

7th Grade Class Sonnets


LA7-3: Class Sonnet

1-  I cannot wait for the fun summer break, (A)
2-  No more homework, no more exams and tests, (B)
3-  I will waste no time and swim in the lake, (A)
4-  This summer will be the best of the best! (B)
5-  My terrible stress feels like a cold press, (B)
6-  I sure wish that the next quarter would end, (C)
7-  I am excited to sleep in and rest, (B)
8-  But for now I have my grades to defend. (C)
9-  Every day getting slower and slower, (D)
10- We still have more summer homework to do, (E)
     11- My grades are dropping lower and lower, (D)
     12-It’s looking like a seventh grade re-do.
     13-We are almost there we are near the rear,
     14- The end of seventh grade is drawing near!

LA7-1:
1-  When I go to school I have to do math,
2-  The deep regret for what I’ve done stirs now,
3-  My teachers want me to follow a path,
4-  I can’t do math right, I don’t know how.
5-  Sorry I don’t want to participate,
6-  I do not want any homework tonight,
7-  When I get home it’s going to be late,
8-  My parents’ disappointment gives me fright!
9-  My hand hurts when I do my math problems,
10- I went to my bed and pondered my thoughts,
11- I cry because I know I can’t solve them.
12- I do my work but sometimes I get lost.
13- I try really hard to get such good grades,
14-The math work is too hard and makes me rage.

LA7-2:
1-  When I woke up I wanted a snow day,
2-  I can no longer feel the autumn breeze
3-  There would be no school, so I could go play,
4-  I’m sick of the leaves that fall off the trees.
5-  I am sick of the homework and of school,
6-  I could build snowmen and have snowball fights,
7-  We live in Tampa so don’t be a fool,
8-  But I’m hoping for some snowflakes tonight!
9-   Too cold for a swim in the lake,
10-But it is too hot to wear winter coats,
11-I hope my lakes freezes so I can skate,
12-Fin’ly I don’t have to take my math notes.
13- I drink hot chocolate that keeps me warm,

14- I hope that there is a harsh winter storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment